- This event has passed.
DES Business Diversity Advisory Group, 10/19, 10-12
October 19 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join our Business Diversity Advisory Group this Fall
Washington State Department of Enterprise Services is learning and growing in how we include community as we develop policies, procedures and practices for state goods and services. Share your thoughts on what works and how we can do better at our next:
BI-ANNUAL VIRTUAL COMMUNITY MEETING
October 19, 2021
10AM – 12PM
Register in advance for this webinar: https://des-wa.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_lkWpA1C2QO63Mqugs5yrdg
Meeting ID: 977 2801 6324
Agenda and registration at des.wa.gov/bdag
DES used to have two in-person events per year were DES Business Diversity Advisory Group focused on listening to the broader community. They have moved to virtual because of COVID. This meeting is almost all focused on community listening (versus presenting). It’s an opportunity for community members and businesses to speak freely and ask questions for any area within the work of our division.
DES Contracts and Procurement covers:
- Centralized state contracts (master contracts) with over $1 billion a year in spending.
- DES’s own agency spending for goods and services (over $100 million a year in spending).
- DES’s procurement and outreach practices.
- Statewide procurement policy, procedures, and training.
- DES accountability and metrics
We are accepting applications for:
- BDAG five member spots
- BDAG sub-committees that are community-led and focused on key topics
BDAG is set to accomplish key efforts:
- Improve statewide master contracts
- Create a voice for underrepresented groups
- Maintain small business dialogue
- Promote small diverse business inclusion strategies
Erin Lopez Nielsen (she/her/hers)
Business Diversity Outreach Specialist
Department of Enterprise Services
360-810-1731 | 360-902-7400