MULTI MEDIA CAREER OPPORTUNITY
The Puget Sound Business Journal, based in Seattle, Washington, is seeking a dynamic sales professional to join its seasoned sales team. The successful candidate is a top producer with strong consultative sales skills, with a proven track record of success in prospecting, business development and client service and an excellent communicator. This person will excel in developing integrated marketing campaigns across multiple platforms, including digital, print and events. Qualified applicants must be comfortable working with business owners, managing partners and C-level executives.
If you thrive in an environment where you can truly deliver value to your clients, are a proven sales professional driven to exceed, and are creative focused and media saavy, we want to talk to you.
You will represent PSBJ’s multi-media platforms — print, digital, custom publishing, integrated campaigns, event sponsorships and more — to decision-makers in our vibrant business community. You will oversee an established list of key accounts while building your own new business portfolio.
We are committed to your professional development and provide extensive on-boarding and on-going sales training. Our training process is customized to help you deliver integrated, client-focused solutions to our select audience of business decision makers that will, in turn, improve client retention and new business development.
- Prospecting is a key element of this position; it requires identifying and qualifying new clients for our digital, print, special publications and events.
- Generate advertising revenue by consistently meeting and exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals.
- Develop new business and manage the sales cycle from start to finish.
- Maintain an active schedule of virtual, strategic meetings and prospecting calls (during COVID social distancing), face to face meetings are expected when restrictions are removed.
- Develop and maintain strong C-level client relationships.
- Represent PSBJ at company-sponsored and community events.
- Contribute to a positive team environment.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Two years’ minimum experience selling media and/or sponsorships and integrated marketing campaigns. Experience in digital sales is a plus.
- Strong phone skills a must
- A strong track record of consistent revenue growth
- Sales leadership and project management skills
- Effective time management skills
- The ability to exceed expectations in a results-oriented environment
- Professional written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Salesforce experience is a plus.
To apply, send your resume and cover email to Marijane C. Milton, Director of Advertising, at email@example.com today.