Department Dept. of Enterprise Services
Salary $5,886.00 - $7,725.00 Monthly
Job Type Full Time - Permanent
Job Number 2019-E&AS-009
Location Multiple Locations Statewide, WA
This posting is Open Until Filled. The hiring manager reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time.
Application review will begin the week of November 12, 2019
The service areas include Shoreline, Mt. Vernon, Tacoma, Olympia, and Kirkland, WA.
You will be asked, but not guaranteed preference.This posting may be used to fill multiple positions.
What you will be doing:
At the (DES)’s Facility Professional Services (FPS), we are currently hiring Project Managers in the class: Construction Project Coordinator 3 (CPC3). This senior level position handles a high number of responsibilities including providing project management for multiple design and construction public works projects; coordinating, directing, and reviewing development of design and bidding documents by professional design and engineering firms; facilitating the bidding, construction or repairs, and closeout of state facilities projects. This position coordinates and directs the planning, scheduling, project and cost control of complex building construction projects. This position requires travel to manage projects.
Who we are looking for:
The best candidate for the job will be a strong project manager. An experienced professional who has a background in architecture, engineering, or construction management and knows the process of design and construction. The ideal candidate is a proactive leader who is flexible and works well with a variety of clients. The role is highly independent and is considered a leader within multiple project teams. The role is expected to facilitate project teams in numerous situations involving complex or controversial studies, designs, or construction issues. We would like to hire someone who is knowledgeable in Design Build and GC/CM contract delivery methods.
About our agency :
At the Department of Enterprise Services, we passionately pursue our vision of:
- Satisfied customers,
- Satisfied team members, and
- Financial health.
We listen to customers and team members to understand what they need and expect. We promote creativity, learning, and improvement to meet those needs and adapt to the ever-changing business environment. We measure our results and seek feedback to improve our performance.
We value respect, integrity, excellence, diversity and inclusion, and seek new team members that share those values.
Some of what you will enjoy doing:
- Assist client agencies in solving complex facilities problems;
- Provide technical assistance to clients during the development of their capital budgets;
- As the principal Project Manager, provide comprehensive professional project management services for capital project development, design, construction, and closeout.
Coordinate Professional Design Services
- Concurrently manage and contract for professional architectural/engineering services in the development of complex design and bidding documents, construction administration, and closeout for a variety of projects involving new construction or repairs/renovations for State client agencies.
- Review and approve bid documents, specifications, and A/E cost estimates.
- Provide expertise and review for design cost estimates, construction contract administration cost control, scheduling, and associated contract issues.
Administer and Manage Construction Contracts
- Administer and manage construction contracts for many concurrent public works project for various State client agencies;
- Provide construction contract administration for new construction and the repair and alteration of existing state facilities or infrastructure;
- Review and approve change orders, and related project milestones;
- Resolve issues related to substantial completion and closeout of capital projects, including punch list and warranty claim issues.
A Bachelor’s degree involving major study in architecture, engineering, construction management or closely allied field
Four years of experience in construction and project management of small to large capital construction projects by reviewing professional cost estimates, schedules, coordinating the design to the method of project delivery, bidding procedures, construction administration and to the closeout of all projects or relevant experience in cost estimating for capital budget requests, reviewing contract bid estimates or maintaining project budgets through accurate cost controls. Ability to develop a working knowledge and understanding the DES Public Works policies supporting the execution of all projects.
**Additional qualifying experience may be substituted year-for-year for education requirement.
A Registered Architect OR Professional Engineer licensed in the state of Washington.
- Theory, principals, and practices of architectural design, with emphasis on planning and design of public buildings and facilities.
- Design service costs, construction costs, government capital budget procedures, estimating building construction costs.
- Statutes pertaining to State public works.
- Positions at this level use in-depth knowledge of the program area to carry out assignments, function independently, and require only general direction from the supervisor. Assignments are carried out using policies and program objectives and work is planned and organized based on program priorities and deadlines.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, and methods of resource management; the application of emerging technologies to existing methods and of techniques of testing, data gathering, base research and field investigations; applicable state, federal, and local regulations and policies; multimedia principles and practices.
- Knowledge of building materials and construction methods and construction contract administration.
- Knowledge of design service costs, construction costs, government capital budget procedures, and estimating building construction costs.
- Ability to provide technical direction to professional staff for complex or controversial studies or projects; design and develop guidelines for enforcement activities, field studies, and siting surveys; provide final review for technical reports, and conclusions reached by professional staff/ work effectively with other government officials, and other clientele groups on complex or controversial issues or problems.
In addition, positions functioning at this level are characterized by one or more of the following:
- Responds to highly complex inquiries for technical assistance requiring an advanced scientific knowledge; gains consensus from multiple stakeholders and interest groups.
- Reviews, analyzes, develops and recommends policies, guidelines, and regulations governing sustainability, high performance buildings and green buildings. Accepts stakeholder input, evaluates concerns, and recommends actions to management. Analyzes legislative bills for potential impacts on program administration. Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates previous litigation, permits, and other data in order to develop effective guidelines.
- Plans, develops, designs and conducts professional research studies. Provides scientific and technical assistance to other professional staff in planning, regulations, and mitigation efforts.
- Services in the teaching, training and mentoring of internal and external team members.
- Supplemental Information
Please attach the following documents in order to be considered, failure to do so may result in you not being considered for the position:
- A letter of interest that shows your personality and voice to describe why you are the successful candidate and how you meet the specific qualifications for this position;
- Current resume, detailing experience, and education.
You will want to ensure you have a current list of at least three (3) professional references with current contact information attached or available to provide at the time of interview.
By submitting these materials, you are indicating that all information is true and correct. The state may verify information. Any untruthful or misleading information is cause for removal from the applicant pool or dismissal if employed.
Prior to any new appointment into the Department of Enterprise Services, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
The Department of Enterprise Services celebrates our differences and we are committed to a workplace that supports equal opportunity employment and inclusion regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity diversity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We will also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.
You are welcome to include the name and pronoun you would like to be referred to in your materials and we will honor this as you interact with our organization.
Veterans Preference Notice:
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and wish to claim Veteran’s Preference MUST attach a copy of their DD214, or other verification of military service. Please blackout any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers.
Applicants claiming veteran’s preference points must attach the documentation with each on-line application. If you do not provide appropriate documentation to qualify for these preference points, the points will not be awarded.
For additional information on Veteran’s Preference and guidance on how to determine if you are eligible, click here.
Military Spouse Preference Notice:
To take advantage of military spouse preference, you will have an opportunity to identify your status in the supplemental questionnaire.We thank you and are grateful for your service!
Should you have any questions regarding this position or the online application, contact Angie Anderson at (360) 407-8446 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- State of Washington
View Job Posting for Agency Information
View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
- View Posting for Agency Contact