Job ID 18137
Type Regular Full-Time
Company Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Category Project Management
Do you have a passion for labor policy?
Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
At Fred Hutch, we believe that the innovation, collaboration, and rigor that result from diversity and inclusion are critical to our mission of eliminating cancer and related diseases. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an antiracist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, antiracism, and inclusion.
The Office of Diversity Equity & Inclusion (ODEI) leads the integration of DEI principles, values and practices across the Hutch toward its mission. The “Program Manager” is a critical role in helping to deliver a robust DEI program that educates and energizes Hutch partners toward greater equity and the advancement anti-racist and anti-oppressive goals. The incumbent works independently and collaboratively in performing responsibilities within the framework and consistent with the priorities established by ODEI leadership. Judgment is used daily in interpreting policy, developing best and promising practices, representing ODEI, and in interacting with Center staff and outside organizations.
A cover letter and diversity statement (see link below for instructions) is required.
- Provide ongoing project coordination among multiple DEI initiatives; track and manage timelines for projects and deliverables
- Support the development and maintenance of the Hutch DEI Playbook, including standard operating procedures and oversight of initiatives for long-term sustainability
- As supervisor, work closely with the Administrative Assistant to ensure the seamless coordination of all administrative activities, events, and deliverables. Ensure there is full administrative support to the Vice President & Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer primarily, the ODEI Faculty Director, and the ODEI Team.
- Provide overall guidance, charter development, and logistical oversight of Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including employee engagement frameworks, scheduling, budgeting reconciliation, and internal web presence updates
- Serve as an ODEI point of contact/liaison, representing the DEI initiatives to other Center departments, affiliated individuals and institutions, and outside organizations
- Manage the organization of all large and small-scale DEI events, utilizing the partnership of the Administrative Assistant, ODEI Project Manager, and DEI Educator & Learning Specialist
- Participate in the development of some DEI programming and assist with some facilitation and presentation of DEI concepts and community gatherings
- As directed by the Vice President & Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, collaboratively consult with various Hutch departments and units to deliver DEI services and offer guidance consistent with framework and goals set by ODEI leadership
- Support and assist in the coordination of the Dr. Eddie Mendez Postdoctoral Symposium
- Partner with Director’s Office Budget Manager to monitor project budgets and provide regular updates to the Vice President & Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer and the ODEI Faculty Director
- Partner with the Vice President & Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer to stay up to date on current DEI and antiracism research and trends
- Produce special and recurring reports. Assist in the analysis and presentation of DEI data
- Establish and build productive and healthy working relationships across the organization to help coach colleagues in understanding and responding to DEI related topics and issues
- Collaborate with all members of the ODEI Team, including the Faculty Director, DEI Educator & Learning Specialist, Project Manager, English Language Resource Center Consultants, and affiliated groups on various projects and events for a seamless delivery of services and consistent branding
- Collaborate with and support the work of the ODEI Faculty Director on various recurring and special projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree preferred in a related field
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience in project management with demonstrated success with complex projects, preferably in areas of diversity and inclusion
- A passion for diversity and inclusion work and Fred Hutch’s mission
- Experience managing or supporting D&I initiatives
- Experience providing progressively complex administrative support, including event coordination
- Excellent organization, planning, and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced computer skills, including MS Office Suite and SharePoint
- Ability to keep confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and competing demands in a deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrated high level of service delivery to internal and external clients
- Strong presentation/facilitation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to understand organizational dynamics and relate to individuals from diverse personal and professional backgrounds
- A cover letter and diversity statement (see link below for instructions) is required.
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career or that will be made through work at Fred Hutch is requested from all applicants.