REPORTS TO: Puget Sound– Senior Program Officer
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Exempt / Full Time
LOCATION: Seattle, WA
What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
• Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
• Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
• Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
• Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
• Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 40 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $24 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment, and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 38 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco and in 2,400 rural counties across 49 states and Puerto Rico. Visit us at www.lisc.org
The Puget Sound office of the Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) seeks a professional to fill the position of Program Officer – Community Development. This position reports to the LISC Puget Sound Senior Program Officer. LISC Puget Sound works with nonprofit, community-based organizations to develop affordable housing, commercial enterprises and community facilities. Over the last 30 years, LISC has made more than $1 billion in social investments throughout Washington, including COVID-19 relief for more than 100 small business owners and community-based organizations. We also invest in health, economic development, financial well-being and environmental sustainability so that the communities our partners serve are good places to live, work, do business and raise children.
The Program Officer – Community Development will be responsible for managing LISC Puget Sound programs focused on business and economic development, affordable housing, health equity, financial opportunity, and capacity building. The ideal candidate has prior experience in one or more of the following areas: affordable housing/multi-family real estate, business district revitalization, supporting cross sector partnerships and engagement strategies, small businesses support, and capacity building of nonprofit community-based organizations.
Specifically, the Program Officer – Community Development will:
• Develop, manage and grow LISC Puget Sound’s inaugural capacity building program for Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) real estate developers with a goal of increasing representation in the real estate sector, providing new wealth generating opportunities and growing the supply of affordable housing in Puget Sound. Under the guidance of the Deputy Director, manage relationships with cohort members, subject matter experts and funding partners.
• Design, plan and carry out workshops and peer learning events for partners on community development topics related to LISC Puget Sound programs. A major focus will be on LISC Puget Sound’s BIPOC developer training program, and will include leading the execution of the program including coordination of mentors, speakers, overall program communications and session logistics.
• Develop and carry out operational plans for LISC Puget Sound’s community and economic development programs, including monitoring and reporting on programmatic goals, objectives, and deliverables.
• Work with LISC Puget Sound staff to develop new programs and partnerships with government, nonprofits and corporate and philanthropic partners.
• Collaborate with LISC Puget Sound colleagues to develop and write proposals to raise resources for LISC Puget Sound programs, report to funders on programmatic results and maintain and cultivate funder relationships.
• Performs additional duties, as required.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Master’s degree in urban planning, public administration, business administration, or related field preferred. Equivalent experience in relevant field may be used as proxy.
• Minimum 3 years of professional experience in real estate, community development, small business support, economic development program development and implementation.
• Experience working with Puget Sound community development organizations, public agencies, private developers, funders and lenders.
• Strong organizational skills; efficient and detail-oriented.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, time management and relationship/team building skills
• Excellent computer skills including competency in full Microsoft Office suite.
• Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects, prioritizing a challenging workload.
• Works collaboratively and effectively with a diverse range of individuals and organizations.
• Passion for the mission of LISC and demonstrated commitment to the community development sector including its critical role in advancing racial equity and inclusion.
LISC offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Please send cover letter and resume via e-mail with “Program Officer – Community Development” in the subject line to: email@example.com. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, with priority given to those received by November 29th. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, AND JUSTICE